The house gets boring sometimes and you want to talk to your man but half of the time, there is nothing left to say as you have said it all or so you think. We know that there are a lot of physical activities to do when you are alone if you are trying to build intimacy but the truth is you won’t always be in the mood for that.
Sometimes a conversation is all you can offer and make sure the conversation is quality that’s what you need to do if you want to build intimacy. This is why it is important to have conversation starters for couples.
You always need something to start with; it might be a question or a statement, it doesn’t matter – the purpose of having conversation starters for couples at your fingertip is that the right one is always going to resonate with an amazing conversation.
200 Amazing Conversation Starters For Couples
Conversation starters for married couples and the ones for those just dating are quite similar and we do not like to differentiate them since the goal is to bring two people closer and helping them understand themselves more.
The truth is you can’t completely know someone; it even takes a lot to know yourself completely, but when you use conversation starters for couples, you tend to get closer and know some things that would not have originally been talked about.
Deep Conversation Starters for Couples
There are deep questions for couples that we would love you to carry around the house to open up your mind and that of your partner when they are used. Some of such conversation starters for couples include;
1. Does cheating physically weigh the same as cheating emotionally?
2. How often do you visit your parents?
3. Will you compel me to do something I am not willing to do?
4. Are there still any issues you are not still comfortable talking to me about?
5. Do you think we are soulmates?
6. Which place is your sanctuary in this world?
7. If intercourse and physical intimacy are removed from this union, what happens to us?
8. What month do you always look forward to and why?
9. Do you consider me your best friend?
10. Do you wish to have kids someday?
11. At what point do you think is right for a couple to start having kids?
12. What would be the perfect Saturday night for you?
13. How do you plan to balance work and our relationship?
14. Asides from me and the love we share, what are you most passionate about in life?
15. Are you comfortable sharing your passcode with me?
16. Would it be wrong if I decide not to discuss my finances with you?
17. Do you want to be more like or less like your parents?
18. Have you ever been in love before?
19. How is your relationship with your parents?
20. What is life to you?
21. Do you believe in life after death?
22. Tell me about your favorite childhood memories?
23. What people have made you who you are today?
24. What experiences have made you who you are today?
25. Do you like your life right now? If not, what is keeping you from changing it?
26. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
27. What is your purpose in life?
28. What do you think is your best quality?
29. Tell me the story of your first love and why it didn’t work out?
30. Have you ever hurt someone and deeply regretted it? Did you ever make amends?
31. What do you think is my best quality?
32. Have you ever loved something and then hated it passionately (things not people)?
33. If you could make money doing anything in the world, what would you do?
34. What are five things you couldn’t live without?
35. What is something that you wish people would ask you about more often?
36. Do you value my opinion even when it contradicts yours?
37. What is one article of clothing you could never part with?
38. What would you consider a perfect day?
40. Tell me your life story.
41. Do you believe in unconditional love?
42. Why do you think your past relationships haven’t worked out?
43. What kind of gifts do you like?
44. Who is someone in your life that you look up to?
45. How was your day dear?
46. Do you believe in new year’s resolutions?
47. What do you fear the most when it comes to dating?
48. What is your deepest insecurity?
49. What do you expect from me as a partner?
50. Are you a jealous person?
51. What attracts you to a woman/man, what attracted you to me?
Conversation Starters For Couples – More Deep Questions
Going deeper is never a bad idea – the goal is to know him inside out, so there shouldn’t be a boundary as to the number of personal questions you ask to achieve this. This is why we have listed more of the deep conversation starters for couples to help you as you grow in love with your partner;
1. Is jealousy healthy in a relationship?
2. What is your ideal woman/man?
3. What types of activities did you enjoy as a kid? Do you still do them now?
4. What is your take on trust in a relationship?
5. Do you have any deal-breakers when it comes to relationships?
6. What are you looking for in a relationship?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
8. What food would you say describes your personality?
9. Which food or vegetable best describes you?
10. What do you know about my family’s history?
11. Did your relationship bring out the best in you?
12. What makes you happy the most?
13. Is there anything I can do to quickly change your mood when you are angry?
14. What is that you are expecting from me?
15. Can I hear your views on feminism?
16. What is the strangest date you have ever been on?
17. If allowed to visit any place, where would you go to?
18. What is the most awkward life moment you have had?
19. Can you marry a career person?
20. What are your crucial values?
21. Are you happy and content with your life?
22. What mistakes would you never want to make again?
23. Do you wish to be raised differently?
24. Where is your favorite hangout spot?
25. Given a chance to get adopted by a billionaire would you still choose your parents?
26. What is your favorite song right now and what was it before this?
27. How do you feel we are different from each other?
28. What is your favorite color and what made you choose that over the others?
29. Will you compel me to do something I am not willing to do?
30. What are the things you do for fun?
31. Do you think we are soulmates; do you even believe in the concept?
32. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do for a living?
33. Which place is your sanctuary in this world?
34. What moment are you most proud of in life?
35. Do you consider me your best friend?
36. Which of your exes do you hate the most and what did they do to deserve that hatred?
37. Do you wish to have kids someday?
38. How was your heartbroken for the first time?
39. How do you plan to balance work and our relationship?
40. Do you believe love can change someone?
41. Do you go for looks or personality – which of these things attracted me to you?
42. Even when I say things that are not in line with your thinking, do you still value my opinion?
43. Are you happy and content with your life?
44. Do you think you would have turned out better if you were raised differently?
45. Would you choose your parents if the world’s richest man was ready to adopt you?
46. How do you feel we are different from each other?
47. Tell me something you think you can become number one if you did it in a competition?
48. Are you a day person or a night person – when are you more productive?
49. Who is your childhood superhero? And why?
50. How do you feel about religion?
Flirty Conversation Starters For Him
Sometimes just any conversation starter won’t do – we said the goal is to know your partner and how they think and knowing someone comes in different aspects. In a situation where you are trying to know what makes him tick in bed, asking how he feels about religion wouldn’t seem right for a second.
There are so many conversation starters for couples but when in such a situation what you need are the intimate conversation starters for couples and some of them include;
1. What is your favorite part of my body?
2. In your own words, what can you say isis good in bed is?
3. What part of my body do you want to explore more?
4. How do you like it, fast and hard or slow and gentle?
5. What is your take on BDSM?
6. What part of your body do you want me to explore more?
7. What is one position you have always loved to try but have never?
8. If you could relive any sensual experience, which would it be and why?
9. What is the most sensual memory you have of us?
10. Which position gets you to climaxing the fastest?
11. What is the best or worst sexual experience?
12. Where do you think would be a cool place to try it?
13. Where is the craziest place it has ever happened?
14. Would you feel comfortable if I wanted people to watch us making love?
15. What is your favorite lovemaking position?
16. What is your go-to self-pleasure routine?
17. How old were you when you had your first kiss, who was him/her to you?
18. What category of adult movies do you have in your hidden folders/browser history?
19. When it comes to lovemaking and intercourse, what are your fantasies?
20. Name something non-sensual that turns you on in a sensual way?
21. Regardless of how turned on you are, what is the easiest way to turn you off?
22. How do you feel about being tied up (or tying me up)?
23. Would you ever consider a threesome or a swinger with close friends for a night?
24. What is your take on pornography?
25. Do you like to be spanked or do you like to spank your partner while making love?
26. What would you like to see me dressed in bed on your birthday?
27. If someone offered me $1,000,000 to sleep with them, would we consider it?
28. Which is better, intercourse in the morning or at night?
29. What is one thing you will never try in bed with me even if I beg for it?
30. What do you even the most when we make love?
31. What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you while having sex with someone?
32. Do you have any “moves” when it comes to flirting or dates?
33. How important is sex to you?
Conversation Starters For Couples – Strictly For Him
Most of these other conversation starters for couples go both ways but then some are reserved especially for him to answer. You get to understand your man better and know the best way to go about pleasing him and keeping happiness in your union. His answer to these deep questions for couples could even help you determine if the marriage/relationship is right for you. some of such questions include;
1. Do you consider me your best friend?
2. What do you know about your family’s history?
3. What kind of gifts do you like?
4. What do you think our relationship is lacking and how can we improve it?
5. What makes you the most jealous about our relationship?
6. When they say “for better for worse”, what does it mean to you
7. What would you do if your family says no after they see me?
8. How did you know you were in love with me?
9. Do you wish to have kids someday?
10. What new hobbies or activities would you like to try together as a couple?
11. How do you feel about big/public proposals?
12. Do you think our relationship will change if we get married?
13. What does it mean to be a good partner?
14. If we were to have a child, what is your greatest wish for that child?
15. What is your love language?
16. What kind of parent do you want to be?
17. Tell me your life story.
18. What is a song that reminds you of our relationship?
19. Do you believe in love at first sight?
20. Do you believe couples counseling can help solve serious problems in a relationship?
21. What is one decision that changed the entire course of your life?
22. Do you believe in prenuptial agreements?
23. If you were to catch me in the act of self-pleasure, how would you react?
24. How do you like to be shown love and how do you show it?
25. When we’re apart, what do you miss most about me?
26. What is the most romantic movie you’ve ever seen?
27. Do you ever think about any of your past relationships?
28. What is your most precious memory of me?
29. Do you think that it is okay to have separate bank accounts when you are married?
30. What initially made you interested in me?
31. How do you plan to balance work and our relationship?
32. What is one decision that changed the entire course of your life?
33. If I do not approve of a decision you made, how would you react?
34. If my best friend was a single man, would you let me hang out with him alone?
35. When we argue, do you ever think about ending things?
36. Do you believe in unconditional love?
37. What would you consider a perfect day?
Funny/Weird Conversation Starters For Couples
Funny and weird can have bad effects but there are sometimes that they are the key to unlocking a great time for you and your partner. This is why we have included some conversation starters that are funny, weird, or both – questions that would probably make them laugh first before they even attempt answering it. Some of the funny/weird conversation starters you could use includes;
1. Have you ever been arrested? What was your crime?
2. Is there any hobby of mine you wish I would outgrow because you hate it?
3. Have you ever been married or close to it before? If you were married before me, would you ever tell our kids?
4. A career you hate that pays well or one you love that pays crumbs?
5. If our child turned out to be gay, what would you do?
6. Do you believe in God?
7. What will be the title of the book about our love story?
8. If you could trade lives with someone, who would it be?
9. How important is organized religion to you? Do you attend services regularly?
10. What reality TV show/cartoon would you be on?
11. If you were an animal, what kind would you be?
12. What would be the title of your autobiography?
13. Have you ever dated someone who was a bad kisser?
14. When and how did you first discover masturbation?
15. Would you expect me to change religions once married? Would you consider changing religions?
16. What was your first email address?
17. Do you believe in ghosts?
18. Have you ever had any unexplainable or supernatural experiences?
19. Who should pay for the wedding – your family or the bride’s family?
20. Do you want a big wedding or a small gathering? Where is your dream wedding locale?
21. How worried are you about aging? Are you worried about feeling less attractive?
22. If we grew old together and I couldn’t take care of myself anymore, would you do it for me?
23. Some people live together for many years without ever getting married, can you do that?
24. If I was to die when we marry, would you consider remarrying?
25. Who was your celebrity crush as a teenager?
26. Do you ever think about any of your past relationships?
27. Are you friends with any exes on social media?
28. What would we do with our time when we get old and retire together?
29. What celebrity would play you in a movie about your life?
30. If you were a social media influencer, what would you be known for?
There are so many reasons why quality conversations should be a reoccurring thing in your union – one of the many reasons is to build intimacy and this is why we are here learning and holding on to these conversation starters for couples. Here we have listed out 200 amazing conversation starters that cover almost all aspects of life and are sure to build intimacy in your home.
So, what is left is for you to know when to use them and the particular one that fits a particular moment. However, using a conversation starter at the wrong time might cause a negative effect, like asking him what he thinks about BDSM rather than how was your trip when he just got be from a long trip and is exhausted.
Thanks for reading and we would be hoping to get your feedback and testimony in the comment section, also do not forget to subscribe, so you don’t miss our other amazing reads.
Pin This For Later!